How do I create a sword attack in construct classic

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 am

hey folks, i working on "cough of death" and i want the "playersprite" to spwan an attack animation ( a sword object).

now i have a few sticking points.

(i am new to construct and game making in general)...
this is my though process, you press the mouse button, the attack/or sword sprite spawns, plays the "swoosh/attack" animation, and than disappears (in a later point i think this will be somethink like a "reload timer").

the spawned object (the sword/attack animation) will than hit the "enemy-sprite" and damage or kill it.
also the sword, right know spawns in the middle of my "player-sprite".
i noticed that i have the "edit animation" in construct 2, but no such thing in c.classic.
(here i have the "hotspot" and the "image points").

thanks for answering my question!
if someone has an action rpg like "code" or a tutorial i could look into, please point me in the right direction.
(i searched for something like that, but didnt find any)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:04 am

you should do the beginners tutorials step by step. If you have done it, you would knew that there are "image point"s in C2 so u would solve it with adding extra image points for player sprite and spawn your sword object on thoose points intead of "0"
Truth shall be your freedom...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:35 am

the sword spawing i have solved. maybe not the answer i wanted. how can i add image points in construct classic?
i hope i get good enough at this, so i can write a helpfull tutorial one day, that actualy shows some pictures of the "coding"
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 am

Cough of Death wrote:the sword spawing i have solved. maybe not the answer i wanted. how can i add image points in construct classic?
i hope i get good enough at this, so i can write a helpfull tutorial one day, that actualy shows some pictures of the "coding"

totally missunderstood you sorry.
Truth shall be your freedom...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:27 am

Maybe if this was posted in the correct area you could get more responses. This is C2 subforum and I never used the classic. In the proper place you would have people that use the classic see it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 pm

sorry, didnt know there is one for classic.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:06 pm

You add image points in the image editor of construct classic , click on your image to bring it up and you will find it at the bottom of the left icon panel . After highlighting it a panel appears in the middle of the upper panel , just click the add button (appears as a +) and add as many as you want . You can position the points with mouse or numpad .
What I know would fill a Book , what I don't know would fill a Library
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

thank you granpa! great help.
B
S

Return to Construct Classic Discussion