How do I create a text-based game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks for the info, but i rather stick with construct. Not because it's the best program for the job, but because i think i can learn to use it better (with helpful guidance ;) )
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:24 am

Juicy wrote:Trying with what rojohound said as option three. I'm not quite sure if this is the right way to go, feeling like walking in the dark here, but it seems to work so far :roll: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73502848/text.capx

With two you can do absolutely anything. One idea that appeals to me here is to use sprites and stuff to lay everything out. You can then make them all invisible when you run the game. An inventory can be done with a dictionary I'd imagine.

"absolutely anything" gets me exited here but i'm drawing a blank how would one get going with this, any tips?

So uh..quoting myself here. But am i doing this wrong or should i try some other approach. Realizing this way of doing things makes the code expand like dough so it's starting to feel like im going the wrong way here..
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Can TWINE's html file be exported to an .apk by something like Intel XDX or phonegap?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:48 pm

I am trying to build one with Construct 2 after successfully making an interactive fiction with Unity 5. The only problem with Unity I faced was the alignment of text. Even the C# programming was easy. But aligning the text for multiple devices (android) is a nightmare as a small difference in anchoring (or fixing the text/buttons on the scene) will lead to varying text and button sizes while playing. :D

Another option is ChoiceScript. But the learning curve is a bit deep as the ChoiceScript language (mix of HTML and javascript) can become annoying for lengthy stories/novels. Also there are many restrictions (style, number of buttons etc) that will affect creativity unlike Unity.

Twine is a very good option though I am not sure of its Android portability.
B

Post » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Anything is possible in construct 2. the problem is the difficulty it takes to get to what you want
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?