How do I create an advanced effect ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi, guys
I found many effects here webgl-effects-list_t74374
I really like them and I also want to make an effect for me. I see 2 files .fx and .xml, so I think it's made by software third-party and C2. Can anyone tell me how I create an FX effect?
Last edited by gameba on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:28 pm

1. You need to install those two effect files to "Program Files\Construct 2\effects" folder. For example, C:\Program Files\Construct 2\effects.

2. Once installed, you can access the effects in event sheets. Go [System] -> (Under Layers and Layout) -> Look for entries that have purple FX icons.

Try downloading Alpha Threshold Effect and experiment with it. :mrgreen:

effect-alpha-threshold_t74372
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Gmoney wrote:1. You need to install those two effect files to "Program Files\Construct 2\effects" folder. For example, C:\Program Files\Construct 2\effects.

2. Once installed, you can access the effects in event sheets. Go [System] -> (Under Layers and Layout) -> Look for entries that have purple FX icons.

Try downloading Alpha Threshold Effect and experiment with it. :mrgreen:

effect-alpha-threshold_t74372

@Gmoney
Thanks for your reply. You misunderstood my question. I want to ask the way to create a fx effect, not run it :D
Sorry, my poor English is main cause for misunderstanding :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 pm

gameba wrote:@Gmoney
Thanks for your reply. You misunderstood my question. I want to ask the way to create a fx effect, not run it :D

You're welcome, gameba. :mrgreen: Oh, no. It was me who misunderstood. (Sorry about that. :mrgreen:)

Both .fx and .xml files can be opened by Notepad, and you'll notice the .fx file is basically a programming code.

Here's a tutorial that explains how .fx and .xml files work, and how other pre-existing codes can be converted to C2's fx and xml format.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4900/shader-toy-to-c2
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Gmoney wrote:
gameba wrote:@Gmoney

You're welcome, gameba. :mrgreen: Oh, no. It was me who misunderstood. (Sorry about that. :mrgreen:)

Both .fx and .xml files can be opened by Notepad, and you'll notice the .fx file is basically a programming code.

Here's a tutorial that explains how .fx and .xml files work, and how other pre-existing codes can be converted to C2's fx and xml format.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4900/shader-toy-to-c2

Thank you so much! That's very kind of you. :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:46 pm

You're always welcome, gameba. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?