How do I create an enemy AI turret ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 12:56 am

Another noob question here. I tried using this "Enemy AI for Range of Fire and Line of Sight" tutorial but doesnt seems to able to get it to work very well as i dont have any objects that blocks line of sight and for some reason the AI spams the shooting at the player.

1) how do i create a AI turret that attacks the player when player or enemy comes into range?

2) how do i set the rate of fire for the AI / player ?

Thanks for any advice !
B
S

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 4:13 am

Use the turret behaviour on an object, or your turrets. Im on my tablet right now so its a pain to type. Look at the manual. Its really easy to use. If youre still having trouble with it, let me know ans tomorrow i can build a quick example on my laptop and exaplain it better.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 4:31 am

I tried using turret behavior for my enemy but it doesnt do anything when either a) the player comes within its range or the enemy comes within range of the player.
B
S

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 4:53 am

Alright ! I managed to sort of get the turret to work except the for the wrong angle of rotation ! Thanks alot ! Now i just need some help with having a rate of fire for the player...
B
S

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 1:34 pm

You can use a simple statement like,

If the turret has aquired a target and once every 1 second then
spawn bullet at turret

Hopefully that gives you an idea. If you need any help, let me know. I'm near my laptop today.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Return to How do I....?