How do I create an in-game language parser?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:15 pm

@bladedpengiun why are you trying to teach him JS? :D I doubt he's going to do that if he doesn't want to even use RegEx. And anyway there are built-in RegEx expressions, did you see me code screenshot above?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:21 pm

Oops. Listen to Codah. He knows the simplest way to do it :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:31 pm

bladedpenguin wrote:Oops. Listen to Codah. He knows the simplest way to do it :)

I just meant that he seems to be after a C2 solution :) Maybe you should make a parser/translator plugin :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Haha maybe I should? What exactly might such a thing do? I suppose It could have a range of like a dozen premade stackable manglers, which do everything from making charachters speak with an accent to changing sentance structure to making completely deterministic but unintelligible gobbledygook.

I guess I just got caught up in it because I just did some javascript regex for my own game. I just made a parser for my rpgcharachter behavior, which takes an attack string and factors in randomness and the character's stats and skills to make a damage string. The damage string describes things like degree of armor piercing, ice damage temperature, etc, which the defender processes against their own armor and resistances to take damage. regexes are fun!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Sorry If I resume this thread after a while but I need your help.

I didn't even understand what you did to count vowels etc (I'm guessing that's why I'm using a simple program like Construct 2 haha) but I wanted to ask you if it's actually possible to count the words in a text box.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?