How do I create an ingame shop?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:29 pm

So I'm just started with construct 2 (obviously) and I have found it is an amazing program.. I've created better "games" in a few hours of working with it than I ever did whilst trying to program. Anyways.. though I did find some tutorials, not many included this feature of an ingame shop (and the one that did was a lot more complicated than it need to be) anyways I just wanted some critiques and tips on the shop I just coded for.

this is just for learning purposes, I know it doesn't really look like a game yet.

A couple of issues:
-When the "nose" animation is started it places the player back at the starting position...
-The money text doesn't look very good, not sure how to set it up differently (would just put it as scroll to rather than pin it to the player)
B

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Are your "nose" animation point and your "nose" object related?
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:42 am

nope. because i destroyed the nose object I figured it was the easiest to create the animation rather than getting the nose object back to be pinned to the player in the perfect spot... but please, I am interested in other methods to achieve this same goal
B

Post » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 am

I like the add -1 to total money, looks much cooler than subtract 1 from total money.. :)

I see no reason for the player going back to the starting position when playing the "nose" animation.
Are the origin points on your animations consistent?

The text-object is a dom element and isn't really that well equiped for animation/moving as canvas-rendered elements..
I would suggest using a spritefont-object for any ingame/moving text..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?