How do I create an ingame shop?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Trying to create an ingame shop if possible.

• can you give some direction in how you want the ingame shop to be like ? Ive seen alot of different kind. Knowing what kind you want might help us to helping toward the direction you would like to do ?

• can you give some direction in how you want the ingame shop to be like ? Ive seen alot of different kind. Knowing what kind you want might help us to helping toward the direction you would like to do ?

Well what I had in mind was kind of the same kind of shop from Awesomenauts. Not really sure if you ever played it or not but how the shop is basically whenever you are near the shop you press a button and another thing would pop up with all the items you can purchase. And after you purchase the item a certain amount of times the item is grayed out and you cannot purchase any more.

• There an awsome tutorial the zelda rpg inventory here that can do basically the same selector There will be alot of X and Y math that we will have to figure out.

AS for the button press when near is that you can do a overlapping sprite condition with the button is down.

And for the the certain amount of times. you would have to have a global variable for each item and set it to the max number of available quantity.

But I am thinking that you would want the shop to have a recharge effect so that after time passes you can revisit shop to get more of the items. This part i do not know how to do it.

basically The shop you want is just an inventory with cost to buy from. So again go look at the zelda rpg inventory tutorial here : https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/670/ze ... e-easy-way

Now i have a question for you, I did look at the awsomenaut shop picture, do you want the shop to be pull up as like an overlay while the background fades like as in like a layer effect or do you want to do a new layout with the shop. and just switch back n forth. The reason is why i am asking because there is a whole new set of code between the two.

• There an awsome tutorial the zelda rpg inventory here that can do basically the same selector There will be alot of X and Y math that we will have to figure out.

AS for the button press when near is that you can do a overlapping sprite condition with the button is down.

And for the the certain amount of times. you would have to have a global variable for each item and set it to the max number of available quantity.

But I am thinking that you would want the shop to have a recharge effect so that after time passes you can revisit shop to get more of the items. This part i do not know how to do it.

basically The shop you want is just an inventory with cost to buy from. So again go look at the zelda rpg inventory tutorial here : https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/670/ze ... e-easy-way

Now i have a question for you, I did look at the awsomenaut shop picture, do you want the shop to be pull up as like an overlay while the background fades like as in like a layer effect or do you want to do a new layout with the shop. and just switch back n forth. The reason is why i am asking because there is a whole new set of code between the two.

Thank you for the reply! Sorry im slow, was busy through the past few days. As for your question, I think that maybe having a layer effect where the background fades. Also I checked out the link you sent me and its great however I seem to be quite stuck on step 4 (Create a sprite and call it "weaponsicon" and put in each frame the weapon icon for Example:) In the example that shows it has the items in this "Animation Frames" and not sure how to access that feature. Thank you so much once again!

• yeah that part is confusing. what he did was that he made teh sprite boxes I think it was 32 by 32 pixel big and he duplicate the frames in the animation frame. as in the first animation frame right click and hit duplicate frame until you get the desire frame.

When you open the sprite edit you should have three menu. the main edit which currently show the current frame. the animation clip line menu

and the Frames of the animation clip line. It is in the frames of the animation clip line where you would need to place the items.

If you cant locate the Animation Frames I can provide pic to ya real quick

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks I will check these out in a bit.

• Yes Andreas that inventory you have has a couple concepts that i'd like to work on And Gear, I did that fine thank you although im having a problem with step 5. Idk i have done what it says in the steps however when I run it it goes through the frames and everything goes away. Not really sure how to explain it. I dragged multiple weaponsicon sprites onto the layout and made them frame 5 which is the background slot. Then I dragged another set of the weaponsicons and changed each frame to each weapon then put it on top of the background slot. Then put the cursor on top of the 1st box. After that I clicked on the background slots that i had dragged out at first and changed the variable value to 0 - 4 accordingly. Although when I run it, the weapons keep going to the left and eventually disappear after hitting the 1st box.

• Hi,

maybe my inventory example can help you

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/game-template-inventory-with-an-array-875

any chance I would be able to see the capx. fle

• > Hi,

> maybe my inventory example can help you

> https://www.scirra.com/arcade/tutorial-games/game-template-inventory-with-an-array-875

>

any chance I would be able to see the capx. fle

Sorry the link in the description didn't work. It's fixed now.

You find the capx file here: https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/game-template-10-inventory-1103

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)