How do I Create Bitwise Tilesmaps with 3 terrain types

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:17 am

Thanks R0J0. That makes a lot of sense. Adding the offset at the onset of the calc was what i was missing. I will work on this tonight and share my progress:

with the tiles i have it seems like the two tile set option is my best bet... however... later in game design having to interact with the existence of two tiles occupying the same space is not an exciting prospect to me.

Here's where im at:
https://postimg.org/image/opn6bih9n/

B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:29 am

mudmask wrote:@Gillis, are you wanting the two terrain types to mesh, or just live in the same space?

Hey Mudmask. I think mesh would be the right term. I finally added images in my last post. they are not final. just filler for now but illustrate the problem.

Thanks guys.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:05 am

I went with the multiple tileset option. I am very pleased. thanks guys :D

B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:07 am

Got it working better (3 terrain types with no slow down). I used R0J0hound's suggestion of using separate tile maps. Adding the logic for the transitions was straight forward that way... now to figure out how to do bitwise gamma shading based of depth of tile from edge...

My first attempts used too much processing... the problem with that is you can't interact with an individual tile "gamma" level :* :(

thanks guys.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?