How do I create blinking effect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:52 pm

hi every one.

I want blinking effect for cursor while writing in text object like does in ms-word or note pad.
how to do that?
Is any one knw?

Thanks for reading. :D
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

You could give your cursor the Flash behavior and use the event in the image below:

Capture.PNG

Simply put, the cursor flashes for .5 seconds on, .5 seconds off for 1 second, then repeats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:18 am

FragFather wrote:You could give your cursor the Flash behavior and use the event in the image below:

Capture.PNG

Simply put, the cursor flashes for .5 seconds on, .5 seconds off for 1 second, then repeats.

Thanks for reply
but i want cursor should be append at end of each letter while writing like happen in notepad. :roll:
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:21 am

here is capx.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:11 pm

any help?
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:50 pm

the flash effect or behavior ?
B

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:17 pm

You can't really affect a flash to a single letter inside a text object.
Either you could cheat and add a sprite on top of the text object, moving it along and having it flashing, giving it a kind of "prompt" look like on old computers (basically a flashing square) but it is a bit involved to find out exactly where to position it.

As far as I can think of at this moment, I don't think there is not an easy solution out of the box.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Now that I understand the question, have you tried changing the Text object with a Textarea object? If you use a Textarea object, it displays a cursor at the end of the text.

One thing to remember, you will have to set the Textarea focused to see the cursor and if it ever loses focus, the cursor will disappear.

I edited your example with the suggested change and attached it.

I hope that helps and good luck with your project.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:30 am

FragFather wrote:Now that I understand the question, have you tried changing the Text object with a Textarea object? If you use a Textarea object, it displays a cursor at the end of the text.

One thing to remember, you will have to set the Textarea focused to see the cursor and if it ever loses focus, the cursor will disappear.

I edited your example with the suggested change and attached it.

I hope that helps and good luck with your project.

thanks FragFather.
thatz exactly what i am looking for.
but i can not used textbox object as user having can edit or delete the text.
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:31 am

Kyatric wrote:You can't really affect a flash to a single letter inside a text object.
Either you could cheat and add a sprite on top of the text object, moving it along and having it flashing, giving it a kind of "prompt" look like on old computers (basically a flashing square) but it is a bit involved to find out exactly where to position it.

As far as I can think of at this moment, I don't think there is not an easy solution out of the box.

thanks for replying my post :D
sure i will try this out.
B
S

Next

Return to How do I....?