How do I create blinking effect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 am

piuuu wrote:thanks FragFather.
thatz exactly what i am looking for.
but i can not used textbox object as user having can edit or delete the text.

It won't happen if you set the property "Read-Only" to "Yes". It still displays text, but the user can't modify it.
Mixing it with the "Enabled" property set to "No", you possibly can prevent the user from interacting at all with/during the display and still have the effect you're looking for.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:44 pm

OK, I just can't seem to let this 1 go. Here is a way to do it. Use a "ShowCursor" variable and when the cursor should be shown, append "|" (the pipe symbol). See the attached edited version. Use a timer to define when the ShowCursor is set to true.

[Edit] added a basic version. The first version has some functions that may not be clear but only uses 2 events instead of 5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 pm

need a help.....
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:56 pm

FragFather wrote:OK, I just can't seem to let this 1 go. Here is a way to do it. Use a "ShowCursor" variable and when the cursor should be shown, append "|" (the pipe symbol). See the attached edited version. Use a timer to define when the ShowCursor is set to true.

[Edit] added a basic version. The first version has some functions that may not be clear but only uses 2 events instead of 5.

thank u so much for capx.
but i am not able to open it since m having 173 version.
can u please save this project in 173 and post it again.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:59 pm

@kyatric

sure read only property is there. but i can not use textbox.
thanks u for ur attention and help.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm not rolling back my version of Construct just to get you an example. Instead, here is a screenshot of the events:

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FragFather on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:00 pm

FragFather wrote:I'm not rolling back my version of Construct just to get you an example. Instead, here is a screenshot of the events:

Capture.PNG

Ok no problem
Thanks for everything
Problem is solved.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?