How do I Create Colorful Lighting?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 12:11 am

What @shinkan said. All .c2addon files are installed this way, not by moving them to the "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\...\" directory.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 1:03 am

@shinkan @eli0s

Thank you both for your help with this topic.Im very grateful to get help.
My last question is this,Are there any tutorials on how to use this correctly?
I seen the capX file with Mario and the colored lights and i was wondering how to make that happen.Without some kind of input im lost on what it takes to use this plugin.
Most of the shadow stuff i dont need,i just want to have colored lighting to go along with my white lighting.
This plugin does not seem complicated but i would rather know what im doing before i commence.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 1:13 am

If you don't want real time-dynamic shadow casting, just use the sprite like on the second example I attached. The canvas plugin isn't particularly made for shadows and lights, it's thru the brilliance of people like R0J0hound that it renders all kind of cool things. The guy on some other topic made real 3d boxes that were shifting perceptive in relation to the player's movement... All with math...
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 1:47 am

Here, a more suitable example!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 3:18 pm

@eli0s Thank you so much!! this is exactly what i was aiming to do.
I want to thank you for helping me and taking the time to guide me to the end.I would not know anything about this without your help!

I think your CapX is worthy of the CapX tutorial section,You should really think about placing this there for everyone on the forums to learn from,this is pretty amazing.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 5:18 pm

I am still kinda shy in showing my mess of a capx, I fear the errors or the more elegant solutions will be pointed out by smart people, making me feel more dumb than usual :oops: :lol:

But I thank you for your kind words.

I don't want to brag or press you in any way, I suspect that you missed an example that was relative on one of your other topics. You might want to check it out, if of course is still relevant to your development.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=101413

Anyway, see you around and thanks again ;)
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?