How do I create highscore for every layer

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:49 am

Hello everyone! I have a question, Ive created a highscore system that works good only for all layers. In my game there are 3 difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard). When i start easy level for example and get some score points bigger then i have on other layots highscores writes if to all three layers. How can i split highscore system to every layer?
for easy - easy highscore
for medium - medium highscore
for hard - hard highscore
Thanks for help! :D
B

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 am

Ok so i figured it out by myself. Just created copies of my score system ang gave it different names. That was pretty easy.
B

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:35 am

By layer I assume you mean layouts.
I have run into similar issues with my current project which also has three difficulty settings, fortunately a point is a point in my game the difficulty just affects spawn levels.
If I was trying to keep three separate high scores though I would make it easy on myself and use 3 separate global variables, one for each.
I would either have the layout add to the difficulty variable for its type or I would set the values of the other 2 variables to say 11 when the difficulty button was clicked and just never have my highscore display my score keeping variables if they are 11...
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 am

make a new sheet, use a function for your highscore event.
include your highscore sheet into another event sheet,
then call it whenever you want.
"If you want to move a mountain tomorrow, you should start by lifting stones today."
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?