How do I create infinite space and a star map?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:21 am

So I want to create an endless space game and dont know for sure how to make it so the player can go in any direction infinitely without reaching an edge and also I want to know if its possible to make a giant star map?
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:43 pm

If it's infinite does it have to be coherent? If not just randomly spawn stars and nebulae near by. And basically anything is possible, including a giant star map, you just need to plan it out.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 pm

procedurally generate it... come up with an algorithm that takes a position (x/y) and generates a probability of a star/planet occurring... and then you will consistently have a map that could appear random, but actually isn't.

in practice, you may find that you have a frame-rate scrolling problem if you have a fixed size layout and you're continually re-building the starmap each time you move. if you use standard scroll then you'll need to define a layout size.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:40 am

Try this one!
I hope the comments in the .capx are easy to understod (sorry for my english *g*)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:17 am

Thanks a lot guys this was really helpful :)
B
S

Return to How do I....?