How do I Create Platformer Character AI

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I have the main character attacking an enemy but I have NO idea how to make it so that the character goes towards the player while on the platforms, jumping and all. Basically, creating AI that has the same rules the player has to follow (i.e. no flying)

If someone could redirect me to an article (and I have searched for them) or a video that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is a very big question..

Creating enemies that move towards the player is easy, but for the jumping you'd probably need invisible sprites to trigger the jump..

The hardest part would be creating the conditions for the enemy when to do things and when not..

• This is a very big question..

Creating enemies that move towards the player is easy, but for the jumping you'd probably need invisible sprites to trigger the jump..

The hardest part would be creating the conditions for the enemy when to do things and when not..

Do you think I could have the enemy path find to the player and then when he hits invisible sprites at the end of the platforms it would trigger him to jump?

• Seeing this is a platformer, you could probably get very far by just comparing the x-position of the enemy with the player..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)