How do I create positioned environmental sounds?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi Everybody!

I would like to make positional environmental sounds that change volume and balance (L/R) depending on how far you are from the sound source. I have looked at the "Play at position" action. But I actually don't quite get what the different variables does, even though I have been looking in the forums as well as the manual.

I am currently creating a cave with waterfalls (Here's an old video sample of the environment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uh_UQ-Z3lA ). It would be lovely if I could make the waterfall sound faded-in once I get closer to the location of the waterfall as well as stereo position the sound.

Is there a built in function in Construct 2 in order to achieve this? Perhaps even a good audio-plugin? or do you have any advice of how to get started? :) All help is warmly welcome. Keep in mind that I am no guru at Construct 2, I only know the basics. :)
Currently working on "Project Catnip" - an open world platform adventure for android and IOS. follow me on Instagram :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:44 pm

Did you have a look at the positioned audio example shipped with Construct2?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:10 pm

LittleStain wrote:Did you have a look at the positioned audio example shipped with Construct2?

Hahahaha, oh man, now I feel ashamed. :oops: thank you so much, This was exactly what I was looking for. :lol:
Currently working on "Project Catnip" - an open world platform adventure for android and IOS. follow me on Instagram :D
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?