How do I create powerups by comparing seperate values?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:43 am

Hello and thanks for any help you can provide,

I have been using C2 for 1 day and absolutely love it, I have gotten far just by using commonsense, but now I have hit a large bump that I cant figure out,
This is what I am trying to do: 1 x yellow power up allows you to shoot 4 bullets instead of 2
1 x green power up gives you a boost to speed and acceleration

I can seem to be able to get 1 going if the other is not in the event but both of them seem to mess it up. Here is a screen shot of what I did but.
thanks again in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:52 am

I figured it out I just had a bad naming convention on my variables that confused me, I cleaned it up and it works like a treat
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:36 am

Glad you figured it out. Since your new to C2 i recommend you make your way through the manual https://www.scirra.com/manual/1/construct-2 as it can help you get a understanding on good practices. Going through the Top tutorials here https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/top is also very helpful at answering/figuring out a lot of beginner questions
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:03 am

Thank you volkiller, I do have another quick question, it seems that it sometimes doesn't work, is there a way so when I collide with power up and then again within the 10 second bracket the power up goes for, have the time refresh back up to 10 seconds? cheers
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:09 am

Btw here is my updated version :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?