@gearworkdragon what is next ?
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 am

and anyone please help!
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Idk its up to you where you want to take the information. Ask me the questions now since you know how array work and how to retrieve values.

as far as the soccer game mechanic I really have no clue to how to implement it since im more use to doing rpg turn based.

But if i had to guess maybe something like a formula for each character such as let take movement so we know that in computer movement is done by pixel being redrawn at a pixel speed and how fast the engine take the data and give you the Frame per sec load. Id would do something like set character movement speed to the new value of its speed from an array and of course do it before the game start sort of like in the match making.

And because power is saying how far is my kick going to drive the soccerball. this one a little tricky since in soccer there is pass the ball and driving the ball. and id make it like a charge shot. like hold down a key and it bring up a charge and when at the highest kick it in a direction in relation to you player power in the array.

And in most older games and i mean the 1980 games the game was primary base on simply passing the ball in a direction and the character model and the ball would just be stuck to each other until you attempt to pass the ball and if an enemy player was in the way well he would get the ball.

But that is just a guess. But remember ask a question to get information about a particular effect to achieve we have alot of information but we do not know which piece to give.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:01 pm

well @gearworkdragon the problem is how to show these teams and side selection. May be there will a data in array like in a column which will used for store team data means some players with A team some with B so how do I show team A players in a table with there stats and team B players in different table? Now this is the new question or if you can explain this in a capx file I will be happy to see it in real :) thanks @gearworkdragon
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:03 pm

please construct 2 users help me :) !!!!!!!!
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Well you said it yourself you have two tables so that two array. let say if Bob on selection you want to know his value. First we need to ask how are we selecting Bob. Then next how do you want to visualize his stats. For now lets start with the basic with just numbers.

So if say you are doing Mouse over Bob, next add his name to a variable
subevent and this will just be blank with the action setText to (Array.at(Indexof(variable)),2))

The 'Array' Is the name of the database that you want to pull the data from
the indexof just help find a matching value in a X coor
Pay close attention to the parenthesis for.
Pay close attention to where variable is because where you have the variable is place is where you will usually do objectname.variable

Its important to tell us how you visualize the end product because without a clear goal we cannot figure out what you want but that above is just an example. Try it out. Also try exploring a bit by yourself write down what you want and ask your self how in the most logical way am i going to tell myself to do these action.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Thanks @gearworkdragon I visualize this as these all players and there stats are set in an array and then I want to show them on different places a table will show Team A another will Show different and all players will be presented by the team name . Thanks for your answers
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks for help! :)
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:56 pm

This problem is solved! :)
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?