How do I create tiles with different properties?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Not sure either sorry. Having real issues with collision detection on a jumpthru tilemap myself at the moment causing my player to fall through the floor if falling or jumping. Very odd and frustrating to say the least.
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:23 pm

@saf

Here is the object placement. I had to change some stuff around from the last example I made and would probably do it slightly differently but might give you a start.

tileeraseoncollision (2).capx

I tried this yesterday and forgot to post it.

@jimwills

I'll have another play with your problem later see if I can narrow the problem down
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks, do you want me to send the file over for you to look at that way you can see if its my coding causing the issue(s)?
B

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanx man, it looks like a good start, however, it seems @jimwills is right, even in this example, the player sprite will fall through the jumptrough tile (?!) when landing on it after a jump...

Moreover, usage of the tilemap (in my case) was to reduce the number of object I use in the layout, to optimize my game for mobile, yet this setup is even more CPU consuming than just using individual objects... Not sure what object count is the threshold...

The above tileeraseoncollision (2).capx uses 35% of my CPU and I get 50 FPS at most, and this one:

https:// dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6116050/spawnoncollision .capx

I get 60 FPS and 12% CPU usage... will test a bit more with more objects to see how it affects the CPU usage....
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:33 am

@Minor thx for the capx, and nice blog, I will share the link with my friend in C2 Skype group :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?