How do I create underwater sound effect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:38 pm

eli0s wrote:I don't understand, Is there a reason to discard the advanced audio functionality? Compatibility perhaps? If not, it's by far more versatile since you can dynamically sculpt your sound at will, adjusting the same source to get resoults for many different scenarios...

Not at all :) I'm doing that. I just noticed that music files doesn't seem to be compatible on Android (the effects applied, that is), so I was a bit worried that all my work was for naught, but it seems to be working fine if sound files are used (importing to Sounds folder, not Music folder).
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:08 pm

Oh, yes, that's an other thing. You can only have one audio file (which is imported into the music folder) playing at once. I always import everything as sounds!
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:17 pm

eli0s wrote:Oh, yes, that's an other thing. You can only have one audio file (which is imported into the music folder) playing at once. I always import everything as sounds!

Yeah, there seems to be some limitations when it comes to mobile. I'm not really sure if doing it this way has any effect performance wise when aiming for publishing as an app, but I would say it seems logical that it shouldn't.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 pm

The only difference between importing a sound as music or sound is that in the first case the data are being streamed in real-time the first time you play the game-thus making the audio file play immediately, on the other hand, sounds are being downloaded when they are called for the first time, thus not playing instantaneously.

The workaround for the second case is to start the layout after you all preloads are complete.

Otherwise, I don't think there is a performance (as in CPU) difference between them...
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?