How do I deal with too many assets for the server problem

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:06 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:51 am

Just something to think about I know you said about it being musical ? are you able to use the sound bit such as 5 layer of sound to create thousand of different song. I remember some of the older games couldn't load already compose music but they had to time the musical sound to where it sounded close to the music.

If so you might need help from a music expert to see if they can recreate the music using limit sound bit and what timing they should be played ? I know it would be a bit annoying to do function and do like alot of timer and their own set of when each sound should be played but it could be worth doing it that way.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 am

Thanks for the reply and the idea. I'm myself the composer of the game's music (I'm a music composer before a programmer) and I believe the way the game plays sounds is hard to optimize without changing the gameplay (you probably have to play the game to see what I mean).

At this point I've already reduced the number of sounds from 210 to 8 and everything works fine using "seek to" action to start playing the big audio files from a certain point.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?