How do I decide on the right resolution?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Awesome drifts on auto generate way,tap to steer right.
  • Hi guys,

I have been tinkering with Construct 2 for couple of months, following along any and all tutorials I could get my hands on. Now for my very first game, I wanted to make one of those ubiquitous Match-3 games. The game itself wasn't that difficult to cobble together but I am now stumped about what size and resolution I should go for. For eg, if I wanted to publish the game on Facebook, what resolution should be optimal because people don't just access sites like Facebook on their desktops. They use all sorts of mobile browsers.

All the tutorials and posts here have only made me more confused. 16:9 or 16:10? 480x320 or 1024x768? How do I design my assets so that they look good on as many devices as possible?

I apologize if this is a stupid question but this is driving me crazy.

• Check few of my posts last few weeks on resolutions and aspect ratio...

Cheers!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • irina - Thank you so much. I checked out your posts in 'Multiple Screen Size Issue" thread. Is that the one you pointed to?

Very helpful. Now I don't feel like I am failing about, completely clueless.

What about a Facebook game though in particular though? What's the resolution and aspect ration I should work with?

• huh.. i realy have no expirience with facebook games...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)