How do I deconflict clay/gamejolt plugins [closed]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Edit - I contacted Austin at Clay.io and he said that the way I'm managing it already is the only practical way of doing so.

Dear everyone, presently I have the same game on Caly.io and GameJolt and I'm using each site's plugin to enable leaderboard score posting. Is there a simple way of disabling the clay plugin for when my game is running on GameJolt? i'm not sure, but I imagine that GameJolt users would not be particularly impressed with a game if it first asks them to log in to their clay account (which I imagine many won't want to have).

What I have resorted to doing is just before exporting the game for GameJolt I delete the Clay.io plugin - the event sheet is set up so this won't break the game. After export I undo last action and the game is restored ready for further tweaking. Is this the only way or is there something more elegant I could be doing here?

Thanks.
Last edited by Colludium on Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 8:57 pm

I don't use it but, as a test once, I used the Clay.IO leaderboard and there is an option in your Clay.IO dashboard that allows you to disable the login for the leaderboard.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 9:26 pm

@TheDom, thanks - although I can only find a disable guest log in option. If there is such an option for the primary log in on the clay website then I'm not sure it's what I need - I would like clay.io users to be able to carry on logging in to their games whilst gamejolt users don't see the clay popup.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 pm

if you haven't already, I'd reach out to @Austin from Clay.IO. Probably your best bet. Good Luck
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:04 pm

@TheDom - good call.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?