How do I decrease gravity of one object?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello!

I have this problem with construct 2 physics that i am trying to solve but can't figure it out.

So to make it simple think of a ball that is falling with default gravity, but i wanted to be it so that in collision with object X it slows down the falling of ball.

Only way i could manage to do this is with setting world gravity but thats not good.

If someone is interested to help more i could ask one more thing related to the topic at hand. So basically i have this umbrella that the ball can get (i use pin object to pin the umbrella to the ball) and i wanted so that the umbrella works the same way as you have seen in mary poppins maybe so that the ball falls down at lower pace. Now i would also like it to work that depending on the angle of the umbrella you would basically "float" to different directions in the layout. I tried using Umbrella.Angle but that doesn't seem to work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Since you are using physics, you will want to apply forces. Instead of changing the gravity of the ball, you would apply an upward force on it to slow it. Think of it this way, when a skydiver deploys their parachute, their own gravity doesn't change. Instead, they slow down because the parachute is affected by a force called drag. So, when the umbrella you mentioned is open, there would be a "drag" force applied causing the ball to fall slower. To get the ball to change direction, simply change the direction of the force applied.

• Since you are using physics, you will want to apply forces. Instead of changing the gravity of the ball, you would apply an upward force on it to slow it. Think of it this way, when a skydiver deploys their parachute, their own gravity doesn't change. Instead, they slow down because the parachute is affected by a force called drag. So, when the umbrella you mentioned is open, there would be a "drag" force applied causing the ball to fall slower. To get the ball to change direction, simply change the direction of the force applied.

Thanks alot! That helped

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)