How do I design a Logo via Fonts

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Hello,

i just stumbled over some nice demos via Mathematica.
I want to now if its possible to edit TTF Fonts via C2 like it is done in this demos found on mathematica.
Its nice to have the abitlity to edit "vector" files rather then sprites.
You need to have a CDF Player from Wolfram but you can see the preview via GIF animation.
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/IntegerRotationPatterns/
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/CharacterRotationPatterns/
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/DesigningALogo/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 pm

C2 does not support vector graphics by default. Although there is nothing stopping you from just using multiple text objects with webfonts and rotating/arranging them as you please.

You might be able to do something with the Canvas or Paster plugins by rojohound as well.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks, any chance for a simple mechanic tut via capx?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 am

totoe wrote:Thanks, any chance for a simple mechanic tut via capx?

Canvas and Paster definitely sound like your best options if you want to change fonts geometrically.
I have no tutorials as I've only ever seen them in action but not tried them myself.
Although I managed to create a decent bit of animation on the title card of one of my games.
I don't have a gif but the link to it is the first icon you'll find on my sig.

I cut the title card into several segments and simply put sine behavior and different effects on each.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlwgowk8mny96 ... .capx?dl=0

Seemed like a quick fun exercise. I started running into some issues though, so I didn't finish.

PS - 7s seem particularly interesting to work with, I'll be filing that away for future use myself ;)
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:50 pm

@oosyrag U Sexy MF ;)

could you please give some inside details about your code mechanic?
some parts seems to be higher thinking.
e.g.: "repeat int(TextBox(1).Text) times" or: System pick by evaluate Text2.IID>0
Also here is the orginal with some more functions:
http://imgur.com/TxOVQ1C

in mathematica the sliders have a little play & pause buttons, the slider plays from 1 to last value automatically. Is this possible too.
the last Value Size seems not to work.
is it possible to get colored fonts too?
Why is there a debug field, how can it be helpful.

When i look at your code i see that my way in learning C2 is only a few steps from a start away.
i have to LEARN HARDER!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:23 pm

I made heavy use of Instance IDs since it was a quick hack. I don't recommend using this type of approach in any larger project. It isn't very easily readable, as you can see, and also can introduce problems when creating/destroying objects. In this case it was a controlled scenario so I used IIDs.

Repeat int(TextBox(1).Text) - This means take text in instance 1 of textbox (the second one), and convert it to an integer

System pick by evaluate Text2.IID>0 - This means pick every instance of Text2 as long as the IID is greater than 0. This basically means pick all Text2s except for the very first one.

Yes it is possible. You can set the slider bar value through actions in your events.

Didn't get around to size, as I said I didn't finish it. I got stuck on rotation - the rotation amount gets reset when changing the other values.

It is possible to get colored texts through events as well. Refer to the manual.

I always use debug sprites/variables as a sanity check to see if and when events run (by making debug sprite visible in an event, I know that event ran), as well as checking what values get returned by expressions (by saving the result into a debug variable)
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello @oosyrag, whats is the better approach or alternative to Instance IDs? Can you show a example?
The Value in the C2_Designer is a number, can it easyly converted to the ABC?
Any chance we see a fixed version for your last version on the size value, as it seems i can fix it by myself.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Basically, IIDs can change if you destroy or create new instances of the same object. That is why it is normally best not to use IID when you need to refer to a specific instance. Using UID or an identification instance variable is generally more reliable.

The value can be easily converted into ABC - Set the slider properties minimum and maximum to allow 26 values, and then convert to each letter. For example If Slider value=0, then set Textbox to A. If 1, then B, if 2, then C, ect. An array or dictionary may be useful here to keep it clean, but not required.

I could finish it myself, but you stand to gain much more if you do it. Use event 3 as a template, give it a shot. Post what you've tried and I can let you know how to continue.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Thank @oosyrag will fiddle on & give results here.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?