How do I destroy a solid so pathfinder realizes?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A short demo of template sold on store, with formations on end of way for no overlaps.
  • Hi guys!

I don't know if this is weird or works as expected. I have a very, very, very simple scene of a Point and click prototype. It's a lateral camera (as in many games as Maniac Mansion or other graphic adventures), so I use a solid sprite for the wall and a normal sprite for the floor (to catch movement clicks). I also have a door, which I modeled as a solid sprite. I have added a Pathfinder Behavior to my player sprite.

When the player beats the puzzle, this door dissapears. So I destroy the sprite. But the Pathfinder acts as if the wall was already there. I tried destroying, setting Solid to Disabled, setting collisions to Disabled and even moving the sprite to an irrelevant position... and nothing. I mean, the sprite is modifed: it is displaced or destroid (invisible, at least), but the blockage remains when I try to calculate a path through where the sprite was. There is always an "invisible wall" avoiding the path calculation.

Is this normal and I am missing something as "refresh collisions" or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok. I just found it xD

You must add a Regenerate Pathfinding obstacle map in your entity with Pathfinder Behavior to recalculate the available paths.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)