How do I detect and use second display?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 3:50 pm

I am in the planning stages of an adventure game that I'm hoping to create for non-mobile devices... My thought is everyone I know has two monitors and I love games that can use both monitors. I want the game on one screen and a mini-map and/or character stat/inventory sheet to be able to use the secondary Extended desktop space if its available.

Before I get started I am wondering if its even possible to run two full screen layouts on different monitors from the same project?
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 4:58 pm

goblynn93 wrote:I am in the planning stages of an adventure game that I'm hoping to create for non-mobile devices... My thought is everyone I know has two monitors and I love games that can use both monitors. I want the game on one screen and a mini-map and/or character stat/inventory sheet to be able to use the secondary Extended desktop space if its available.

Before I get started I am wondering if its even possible to run two full screen layouts on different monitors from the same project?

From the same project I do not think, but maybe using two browser tabs, one on a screen, the other on the other screen, and using the webstorage to have different values exchanged between them could work, I cannot guaranty it though
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?