How do I detect if sprites are overlapping

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:13 am

I've hunted through all the available event sheet options and simply don't see a condition that covers overlapping sprites. I'm SURE I am missing something... but can someone please provide me a menu path to get to the condition/rule that would detect if two sprites are overlapping?

Thanks!
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:49 am

You might have overlooked it.. but there is a condition that does that, two actually, 'Is overlapping another object' and 'Is overlapping at offset'. Perhaps you're trying to test overlap to something other than a sprite object?

So.. just go Add event > select a sprite object > is overlapping another object > choose the sprite to compare overlap > add actions.

- R
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Rudi55 wrote:You might have overlooked it.. but there is a condition that does that, two actually, 'Is overlapping another object' and 'Is overlapping at offset'. Perhaps you're trying to test overlap to something other than a sprite object?

So.. just go Add event > select a sprite object > is overlapping another object > choose the sprite to compare overlap > add actions.

That's what I thought, but I don't see either of those. Is there a setting beyond 'collisions enabled' that I have to turn on for those to be available for my sprite objects?

B
S

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm pretty sure your 'Grass' object is a background. The 'is overlapping another object' action only works with sprites. Please check whether your 'Grass' object is actually a sprite and not a background.
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:31 pm

You are adding an Action. You need to add an Event. Then it's under the Collisions section.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:25 pm

blackhornet wrote:You are adding an Action. You need to add an Event. Then it's under the Collisions section.

That's it! Added an event and that option is available.

Thanks!
B
S

Return to How do I....?