How do I disable an event

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Hy,

is there an easy way to disable an event? For example I have a collision event. The player collide with the enemy and something happen. I want disable this in a special case. I tried disable collision but in this case the object fall through the solid ground.
IS there an easy way or do I have to use a variable. If its possible I don't wanna use a variable.

Thanks
B

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 4:53 pm

I think you do need to create a variable 0 and 1 or some other form of condition to skip your event. Is there a reason you don't want to use a variable?

You could try setting the condition when it collides with the enemy versus colliding with any solid object.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 6:50 pm

There is no reason don't use a variable. I just thought there could be an easy way. Like disable collision except solid object.
B

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Stephano27 wrote:There is no reason don't use a variable. I just thought there could be an easy way. Like disable collision except solid object.

Just put what you want on a group and disable/enable it.
B

Post » Fri May 16, 2014 8:00 pm

X1 Game Studio wrote:Just put what you want on a group and disable/enable it.

Yes, exactly this way I like to do. Thanks!
Is there also a way to group objects or animations? I wondering if its possible to have layers in a sprite.
B

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 2:30 am

You can group objects with family. Sprites don't have layers that I know of. Only animations within sprites.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?