How do I display items inside a Pop-Up Menu?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:01 am

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way on how to display a list of items within a Pop-Up Menu.

The intention is to have the items (sprites) displayed only within the Pop-Up Menu that is on another layer and above the game.
The Pop-Up Menu is smaller than the screen in order to have the Player being able to see what is happening behind.

Do you know a way contain and render the objects within this "box"?
Do we have something like display when overlapping (visible partially only the part that is overlapping)?

Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 am

I forgot to mention that the list of objects is bigger than the Pop-Up. So the Player needs to scroll inside the Pop-Up.

Scrolling is not the problem, I found great tutorial about it but it is mainly on how to contain the objects within the pop-up :)

Thanks again
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:20 am

You could use blendmodes for masking certain parts of a layer..
There's an example shipped with C2
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:27 am

If you mean to show even just a bit of the item that's in the display area but the rest cutoff, then you'd be looking at masking (EFFECTS - the manual should help with that).

Otherwise, just don't show / create the items that aren't within the popup's display. For this you'll need arrays.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Thank you guys, I tried blend modes with different FX but the result is not what I would like to do.
It displays the entire object even if it is bigger than the popup or it is in additive...

I did not find the masking Effect, this is exactly what I am looking for :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi @Procarstinator and @LittleStain
I tried again Blend Mode with Source atop, and it is working.
Thank you guys, I did not know what I was doing wrong, but you help me to gather in this direction.

Do you know if it is working on all devices?

Thanks
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?