How do I distance the sound effect?

1 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • Greetings there! ^_^

So i'm trying to play a sound at an object with (Let's say an orb) and i'm trying to decrease the sound as the player walks further away from the orb. As if it really is playing from the orb and not in 'general'.

Any help? I have many sound FX that are to be used like this, and manually increasing/decreasing it seems a bit too much.

• Nobody knows?

• You can use the Audio "Play at Object" action in the Advanced Audio sub options

• You can use the Audio "Play at Object" action in the Advanced Audio sub options

Yes but the sound remains the same, no matter how far away that object is.

• Have you checked if "Advanced audio supported"?

• Greaver First, don't forget to set a listener object (like the player sprite for example) at the start of the layout. Then you add the positioned audio. Also, there are settings in the audio properties bar that you may need to adjust as well.

• Have you checked if "Advanced audio supported"?

Hey sorry but what is that? Where can i find that? ^_^

• Greaver First, don't forget to set a listener object (like the player sprite for example) at the start of the layout. Then you add the positioned audio. Also, there are settings in the audio properties bar that you may need to adjust as well.

Hehe hey, sorry but the more i read about it the more confusing it gets! Listener should be on the player? Also on the object playing the sound or?? Makes no sense so far

• The listener object is usually the player sprite. You place the positioned audio on the object where you want the sound to come from. For example, if you have an explosion, you can place the sound to the explosion. Then the closer the listener object (player) is to the explosion, the louder it will be. Of course it's not just the volume, if the explosion is to the right of the player, it will be heard in the right speaker etc.

Edit: By the way, there's an example capx that comes with construct 2 in the example files. If you haven't already, you might want to take a look at it.

• It's in the manual: https://www.scirra.com/manual/109/audio

Search for "Advanced audio supported".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The listener object is usually the player sprite. You place the positioned audio on the object where you want the sound to come from. For example, if you have an explosion, you can place the sound to the explosion. Then the closer the listener object (player) is to the explosion, the louder it will be. Of course it's not just the volume, if the explosion is to the right of the player, it will be heard in the right speaker etc.

Edit: By the way, there's an example capx that comes with construct 2 in the example files. If you haven't already, you might want to take a look at it.

Oh i see, thanks for that - But, i just want the sound to be louder or lesser depending if ur close or not. For example rain-sound to be louder if ur closer to the window, and lesser if u walk away from it, but the listener doesnt seem to do anything.

Also its not about right or left speaker, its just about the how loud it plays when ur closer. No matter what i do or how i follow the tutorial, the sound/music plays at same height.

• You can post your capx if you want and someone can take a look at it for you.

• If you search in the examples folder, in c2, I think you should find there what you need.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)