How do I download files from Android app

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hey there,

I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time now, yet I haven't found a solution.

How can I download files in an Android app? If I use "Browser: Invoke download", nothing happens. Is there any other way? Do I have to include any special plugins when building?

I use PhoneGap to build the apk.

An example usage of this would be to download CanvasSnapshot from the app. So the app would download the snapshot (save it to the device).

Thank you in forward.

[edited for clarification]

• hi grigrizljac i download my apks from googleDrive app usually, remember to check your mobile device security option to enable third party apps installation too

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi grigrizljac i download my apks from googleDrive app usually, remember to check your mobile device security option to enable third party apps installation too

I see I was unclear in my post. I want to download files from inside my app (for example, to download canvas snapshots).

• I'm also trying to do the same thing. A temporary solution was adding a button with an external link in it which sends the user to the file through a browser. But I want to create an offline version where the user downloads the file directly to the phone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)