How do I download the f****** localStorage plugin?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi everyone!

Thank you Scirra for this great software. I wonder how I can get the localStorage plugin. It is supposed to be included in the latest version of Construct 2 but it is not appearing anywhere for me.

Can somebody help?

Cheers,

Gia —

• Seems like it weren't included...

• Local Storage should be under Data & Storage section under the "insert a new object" dialogue when you double left-click.

If it is not there, could you see in C2's plugin directory whether there is a folder for LocalStorage? It should be Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins if my memory is correct.

Also, does a simple uninstall/reinstall solve the problem?

• Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer! Tried all this already, not in the exporter/plugins folder. Tried installing previous versions as well. It's very strange.

Do you have any other idea?

Cheers,

Gia —

• Installing r206 (when localStorage was added), should be in there for sure. Keeping you posted.

• spwebguy

Did you open an existing project with Webstorage? Maybe it conflicts with the LocalStorage. Just a guess though? Have you tried creating a new project?

• I opened projects with WebStorage in the past, but not currently.

It's driving me crazy, it's not in this release either... Not under Data & Storage...

Tried installing on 2 different computers. I've got a working license, purchased today...

Do know what to do...

Cheers,

Gia —

• Webstorage also isn't here.

• When I create a new project it's available in the Data & Storage, but when I open existing ones (downloaded from the web), it isn't showing. WebStorage isn't showing either...

Can't I add it to any project?

Thank you very much for your answer, it helps a lot.

Cheers,

Gia —

• Many of the projects I want to open don't have it, and I can't add it, see here:

Hope you guys can help me with this...

Cheers,

Gia —

• When I create a new project it's available in the Data & Storage, but when I open existing ones (downloaded from the web), it isn't showing. WebStorage isn't showing either...

Can't I add it to any project?

You said it is available when you create a new project but not in existing ones. It must be because the LocalStorage plugin is already in your project, please check again. You can only put 1 localstorage in your entire project and after you add 1, localstorage won't show up on "Insert object".

• Yes,

Contacted the author and it makes sense.

But then... I can't seem to be able to add anything to it from the Construct 2 script panel. I mean I usually click Add Action, then pick LocalStorage and then Set Value or Add value.

But I can't see it in the list of available actions...

Sorry if I sound dumb. I did this before, with other games, but all these won't allow me.

The author should reply soon, I'll try to update this post.

If you have any suggestion do not hesitate to answer. Thank you for your help!

Gia —

• If it's not in the object menu then its either depreciated(right click show depreciated), or it's already added, and can only be added one time.

Check the projects tab.

• If it is already added to the project then you cannot add it second time. That's why it's not visible when you try to add plugin. It is now under the "Projects" tab among all other plugins which are added into the project. You cannot add it second time because LocalStorage is a global plugin. Once it is added you can use it anywhere in the project.

EDIT: ah sorry.. didn't notice there is a second page of this topic and it's already answered.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Many of the projects I want to open don't have it, and I can't add it, see here:

Hope you guys can help me with this...

Cheers,

Gia —

Please try editing your posts rather than always creating new posts.

Regarding your issue - can you provide a .capx so we can try this for ourselves ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)