How do I download the f****** localStorage plugin?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:06 pm

spwebguy wrote:When I create a new project it's available in the Data & Storage, but when I open existing ones (downloaded from the web), it isn't showing. WebStorage isn't showing either...

Can't I add it to any project?

You said it is available when you create a new project but not in existing ones. It must be because the LocalStorage plugin is already in your project, please check again. You can only put 1 localstorage in your entire project and after you add 1, localstorage won't show up on "Insert object".

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Yes,

Contacted the author and it makes sense.

But then... I can't seem to be able to add anything to it from the Construct 2 script panel. I mean I usually click Add Action, then pick LocalStorage and then Set Value or Add value.

But I can't see it in the list of available actions...

Sorry if I sound dumb. I did this before, with other games, but all these won't allow me.

The author should reply soon, I'll try to update this post.

If you have any suggestion do not hesitate to answer. Thank you for your help!

Gia —
B

Post » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:21 pm

If it's not in the object menu then its either depreciated(right click show depreciated), or it's already added, and can only be added one time.
Check the projects tab.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:14 pm

If it is already added to the project then you cannot add it second time. That's why it's not visible when you try to add plugin. It is now under the "Projects" tab among all other plugins which are added into the project. You cannot add it second time because LocalStorage is a global plugin. Once it is added you can use it anywhere in the project.

EDIT: ah sorry.. didn't notice there is a second page of this topic and it's already answered.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:30 pm

spwebguy wrote:Many of the projects I want to open don't have it, and I can't add it, see here:

Hope you guys can help me with this...

Cheers,
Gia —

Please try editing your posts rather than always creating new posts.

Regarding your issue - can you provide a .capx so we can try this for ourselves ?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?