How do I Draw sprites On A Surface?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • Hi peeps.

Im coming from game maker and im wondering how the heck to draw sprites to the screen/layout ? I want to make world of tiles but Not Random and I want it to start drawing the sprites at a certain YCord and go down to the bottom of the layout. Is this possible with construct.If so im never going back to game maker again.

• There are several ways to do this, if you are okay with plugins, then you might want TMXImport plugin, it works exactly like what you need.

The other way would be to use For, loopindex and Array (to store tile data) in eventsheet then create the tiles from event.

• lunarray How do I download these plugins I could not find out how from the manual.Thanks for replying to me also.

Most of the tutorials for arrays are random even the main one.Thats why I was asking the community for some help on making a plain jane simple system. But if its even possible is a plus to me.

• Also do these plugins work on mobile devices?

• You first look for the plugin you wanted (in this case TMXImporter), using the forum search

In this case, TMXImporter is here

scirra.com/forum/topic49949.html

After you download the zip/7z file, you extract it and put it in the plugin folder which is

C:\Program Files\Construct2\exporter\html5\plugin

After that you restart Construct 2, and you can put TMX importer in the canvas...

Edit: Oh, and the manual entry for installing addons is here

scirra.com/manual/158/third-party-addons

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some plugin and behavior do works in mobile, some don't. Since it was contributed by people in the forum, you have to try or read their description. But this TMXImport looked like it will work in mobile, I'm not sure though since I don't use it myself.

• Awesome stuff lunarray you are a saint,You explained very well thank you. Im going to try it out right now.Love Peace and Afro Grease!

• No need for plugins , you can do it easily without some !

CurX = 0

CurY = -1

Repeat ( num of tiles you want on Y axis )

• add 1 to CurY
    • set CurX to 0

-- Repeat ( num of tiles you want on X axis)

--- add 1 to CurX

--- Create Tile at #Xstartingposition#+CurX*(Sizeofatile) , #Ystartingposition#+CurY*(Sizeofatile)

What does this do is loop thru all the possible tiles on the X axis , spawn a tile , go one down and rince and repeat

P.S: Be sure to put the origin of a tile to the top , left

• No need for plugins , you can do it easily without some !

CurX = 0

CurY = -1

Repeat ( num of tiles you want on Y axis )

- add 1 to CurY

- set CurX to 0

-- Repeat ( num of tiles you want on X axis)

--- add 1 to CurX

--- Create Tile at #Xstartingposition#+CurX*(Sizeofatile) , #Ystartingposition#+CurY*(Sizeofatile)

What does this do is loop thru all the possible tiles on the X axis , spawn a tile , go one down and rince and repeat

P.S: Be sure to put the origin of a tile to the top , left

Thanks man.I dont fully understand but I will try some things out. Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)