How do I duplicate the current level and put it in a minimap

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Two types of minimap: "full map" and "player is the center" (square map and radial map)
  • I'm messing around, getting a feel for C2 and I'm trying to add a minimap to the ui. I've looked through various tutorials and posts but they are all for pre-built stuff. I'm using the rougelike tutorial so the map is random on each load.

Somehow I need to duplicate each tile that's on the map and copy it to a minimap box place for place. And it gets a bit harder because I'm using a fog of war, so the minimap should take that into account too.

I think I could work out the second bit once I've got the map duplicated.

Here is the capx to show the kind of map: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2399862/r1.capx (bare in mind stuff in there is messing around with things, it's just to show the map generation).

Thanks for any advice!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • maybe this will help?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn0yggj7tk4za ... .capx?dl=0

What basically i did there was make a a map window that has same resolution as the entire layout and divided its width and height by 5. Everything put in the map will for this reason be divided by 5 in this case to work accurate. The map also must have its image point set on top left to position everything correctly. The rest is shown in events...

• maybe this will help?What basically i did there was make a a map window that has same resolution as the entire layout and divided its width and height by 5. Everything put in the map will for this reason be divided by 5 in this case to work accurate. The map also must have its image point set on top left to position everything correctly. The rest is shown in events...

Hi Miu3, thanks that works well and for the capx too! big help, cheers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)