How do I easily handle waves of enemies (shmup) ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Your solutions seems to be great!

My goal is to have a game I could easily modify : change, remove or add enemies, weapons, bonuses... and manage waves with different patterns and so on.

Thanks for your help, as usual ! :)
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Edit: capx fixed

Hey guys,

since there was some talk about different kinds of enemies, but no actual project with that feature except for the Space Shooter (or I am blind), I went ahead and gave it a shot. I am a beginner, so it really caused some meltdowns in my brain during the last 3 days and there's probably still a lot of room for improvement perfomance-wise.

As I am working on a tower defense with several levels, I made it so that each level can have its own .JSON-file where the data for the Enemy-Wave-Management can be stored and fed to an array which the events have access to. If you double-click on the JSON-file, you can easily access and change it. (It opens with your standart software. I use JSONedit.):

scrnsht_001.jpg

I probably could have saved some events, if one were able to address members of families or instances of an object that have a certain instance variable not only in conditions, but also in actions, somewhat like this:

scrnsht_003.jpg

So all in all I think it works but again, since I'm new to this, if someone doesn't find it too complicated to have a look at it, knock yourselves out. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?