How do I enter Fullscreen in Windows 10 builds

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Does anyone know how to enter fullscreen in windows 10 universal apps? The browser object will not trigger it like in chrome/NW and I haven't been able to find anything in the VS2015 project that is an obvious setting.

Thanks,

• did you find any solution for this? I am facing same issue ...

• what do you mean enter fullscreen? When I try my Windows 10 Mobile apps, they are full screen. When I try my Windows 10 Apps, there is button in the menu to fullscreen it and get rid of the menu.

• I see this button when i build my app with vs 2013 for windows 8.1 app but for windows 10 when i build it with vs2015 it does not show any button on the file menu ... In order to make it full screen i have to set the mode to tablet mode and i have to make task bar auto hide. Same app if i build it with vs 2013 for windows 8.1 app it works fine and get full screen.

• I see this button when i build my app with vs 2013 for windows 8.1 app but for windows 10 when i build it with vs2015 it does not show any button on the file menu ... In order to make it full screen i have to set the mode to tablet mode and i have to make task bar auto hide. Same app if i build it with vs 2013 for windows 8.1 app it works fine and get full screen.

I'm having this same issue. Ashley, is there a way to make apps go full screen in Windows Universal app builds directly in C2?

• It looks like a bug in the Windows Universal app runtime. I reported it here: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedbackdetail/view/2101345/fullscreen-api-broken-in-windows-universal-apps

• Hmm... Microsoft says it's fixed in Edge, so it's not an issue anymore.

• hmmm, i will have to test this when i get home. I will report back...

• Did anyone find a solution or did the bug get fixed? I'm getting Fullscreen request failed: [object Event] in visual studios.

Thanks!

• Still having problems with this

Was hoping to release on the Windows store pretty soon too.

Anyone else had any luck?

• Did anyone find a solution or did the bug get fixed? I'm getting Fullscreen request failed: [object Event] in visual studios.

Thanks!

Just found a way to fix this using a little JavaScript

Just stick this code at the top of your C2Runtime.js file in visual studios.

"

var activation = Windows.ApplicationModel.Activation;

var ViewManagement = Windows.UI.ViewManagement;

var ApplicationViewWindowingMode = ViewManagement.ApplicationViewWindowingMode;

var ApplicationView = ViewManagement.ApplicationView;

ApplicationView.preferredLaunchWindowingMode = ApplicationViewWindowingMode.fullScreen;"

That should launch it fullscreen

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks man, i was having problems with this.. Saved my day!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)