How do I erase savegame on mobile devices?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • I have an app on mobile (made via cordova in webview). And couple of savegames. This savegames are too big so i need to erase old ones somehow because it exceeds localStorage/indexedDB limits. Is there any legal way to do it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you make the game or did you just download it?

• Did you make the game or did you just download it?

Make. My current save is about 2mb usually, but in some cases when i try to resave in same slot(on mobile) i got save error.

• How many slots do you have?

Can you choose which slot to save in?

You may have to add a 'delete save'. I don't use saves so i may be pulling this out of thin air. I would look at something like:

Creating a 'clear storage' button. On touched button (delete save) then choose which slot you want to delete. Again, i've never used 'save game' or anything like that, so i'm not sure of the logic that goes with it.

In my game i have 2 invisible objects, that when touched in sequence will clear my entire storage. This is only for testing purposes, but still in that general area.

• How many slots do you have?

Can you choose which slot to save in?

You may have to add a 'delete save'. I don't use saves so i may be pulling this out of thin air. I would look at something like:

Creating a 'clear storage' button. On touched button (delete save) then choose which slot you want to delete. Again, i've never used 'save game' or anything like that, so i'm not sure of the logic that goes with it.

In my game i have 2 invisible objects, that when touched in sequence will clear my entire storage. This is only for testing purposes, but still in that general area.

I have 3 slots now, i use default construct save/load. It places savegames as JSON in localstorage separated place that cant be erased by default construct 2 "clear storage". Default construct save/load function dont have any save erasing functions. Is i right Ashley ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)