How do I even make proper Animations?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 pm

I wanted to add that Spriter is a great little tool. It was just not really appropriate in this situation.

If you are making a boss in a metroid or Kid Icarus clone, then the spriter "look" is going to be exactly what you are after.

It also would make it possible to sever limbs on a Voltron like robot. Countless games in the past used the same technique.

If you are not going to be doing things with the animations in real time, then it would be better to just port your textures into blender and pre- render the animation.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Can I export a 2D figure/stickman into Blender then? So I just press N and add a background image, then change the view to Ortho-top?
B

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:45 pm

[QUOTE=jojoe] I wanted to add that Spriter is a great little tool. It was just not really appropriate in this situation.

If you are making a boss in a metroid or Kid Icarus clone, then the spriter "look" is going to be exactly what you are after.

It also would make it possible to sever limbs on a Voltron like robot. Countless games in the past used the same technique.

If you are not going to be doing things with the animations in real time, then it would be better to just port your textures into blender and pre- render the animation.

[/QUOTE]

Can I export a 2D figure/stickman into Blender then? So I just press N and add a background image, then change the view to Ortho-top?
B

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 am

Sorry for the delay, I must have closed my browser without hitting post the other day.

Here is a video for you :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcPema_ec08
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 pm

[QUOTE=jojoe] Sorry for the delay, I must have closed my browser without hitting post the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcPema_ec08[/QUOTE]

That guy's tutorials are pro, but I can't find a tutorial anywhere about using a walk cycle (which I have downloaded because I'm having problems with the file I made) in Construct 2. What do I do? Because Construct 2 doesn't even allow files that aren't photo files, do I convert each frame into a PNG/JPG? How would I go about doing that?
B

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 am

@Whiteclaws
found your example of the movement of the body for animations
I'm finding it very useful for my first attempt at any kind of animating.
thanks for posting it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:03 am

@mineet ,
Don't thank me , I help everyone and that's how I roll'e ...Whiteclaws2013-03-07 02:04:39
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:54 am

[QUOTE=Murad96] [QUOTE=jojoe] Sorry for the delay, I must have closed my browser without hitting post the other day.

That guy's tutorials are pro, but I can't find a tutorial anywhere about using a walk cycle (which I have downloaded because I'm having problems with the file I made) in Construct 2. What do I do? Because Construct 2 doesn't even allow files that aren't photo files, do I convert each frame into a PNG/JPG? How would I go about doing that?[/QUOTE]
Use PNG to respect transparency, and import that as frames in SC2.

But first you need to study videogames, art and of course, anatomy.
Go to youtube and check stuff, like the old Megaman, Mario Bros, Yoshi Island, Kirby, Zelda alttp, grab a pencil and practice, a lot, that's the first step.
btw Eadaward Muybridge stuff is great reference.

good luck manCalifornia2013-03-07 07:06:59
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:34 pm

[QUOTE=California] [QUOTE=Murad96] [QUOTE=jojoe] Sorry for the delay, I must have closed my browser without hitting post the other day.

That guy's tutorials are pro, but I can't find a tutorial anywhere about using a walk cycle (which I have downloaded because I'm having problems with the file I made) in Construct 2. What do I do? Because Construct 2 doesn't even allow files that aren't photo files, do I convert each frame into a PNG/JPG? How would I go about doing that?[/QUOTE]
Use PNG to respect transparency, and import that as frames in SC2.

But first you need to study videogames, art and of course, anatomy.
Go to youtube and check stuff, like the old Megaman, Mario Bros, Yoshi Island, Kirby, Zelda alttp, grab a pencil and practice, a lot, that's the first step.
btw Eadaward Muybridge stuff is great reference.

good luck man[/QUOTE]

Thanks but how would I go about that? Using PNG to respect transparency?
B

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Save from Blender or other 3d program with Alpha (which means transparency) enabled. SC2 will respect that transparency.

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?