How do I even make proper Animations?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:48 pm

@murad96 Your origin points on your walk are all over the place, that's why he's warping around. Open your animation, edit the origin (recommend hitting 2 on your number pad to center it at the bottom) then right click on the origin point in the window and "apply to all animations". He'll stop warping around then, but you'll need to set your events up differently to have it work smoothly. Lot's of tutorials to help you with that...GabeOfThrones2013-03-13 18:49:33
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 pm

[QUOTE=GabeOfThrones] @murad96 Your origin points on your walk are all over the place, that's why he's warping around. Open your animation, edit the origin (recommend hitting 2 on your number pad to center it at the bottom) then right click on the origin point in the window and "apply to all animations". He'll stop warping around then, but you'll need to set your events up differently to have it work smoothly. Lot's of tutorials to help you with that...[/QUOTE]

Thanks that fixed the problem, but how come the walking animations take ages to stop and revert back to the standing animation?

http://www.mediafire.com/?q3a5hr4972y432j

If you don't want to open the file, please still try to help.Murad962013-03-13 21:52:27
B

Post » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Bump please
B

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 am

Hello can someone please help me...
B

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:52 am

It "take ages" because you don't handle the moment you release the left or right arrow keys.

If you change the animation at the moment the key is released you should fix your issue.

This is basic stuff that is explained in the how to make a platform game tutorial.
You can also check many examples in how do I FAQ.

Don't just wait for answers in your single thread, check the rest of the forums.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 am

I'm a kid too , You'll be impressed by the num of kids that do programming nowaday , lol , I can recommend you to not make animations for your game and make all your games with blocky art and then ask for someone to make you the sprites and pay him surely ...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 pm

[QUOTE=Kyatric] It "take ages" because you don't handle the moment you release the left or right arrow keys.

If you change the animation at the moment the key is released you should fix your issue.

This is basic stuff that is explained in the https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/253/how-to-make-a-platform-game.

Don't just wait for answers in your single thread, check the rest of the forums.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the guides. I did actually do two of the tutorials, don't think they said anything about that. The top-down shooter and the Building a Platform game one. I finished up to page 5 then I left the rest for another time because I assumed it was only extra stuff. I didn't do the tutorial you linked because I don't have the sprites... they should be making it free, since it's a tutorial.

But how do I add anti-aliasing to the animation? if the player isn't doing an animation, there's the x16 anti-aliasing that I rendered it with, but if it's doing an animation then it goes really jagged. I've searched as well. And in the image previews the sprite looks pretty smooth.

Murad962013-03-25 18:39:18
B

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Help please
B

Post » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 am

Your graphics will need to be handled in whatever app you drew them with. You don't get a lot of options for handling anti-aliasing, etc... you can do pixel art style stuff, but outside of that, you need to make sure you are drawing each frame the way you want it before you bring it in.

Also, saying, I still don't get it and I didn't finish the tutorials that were suggested because I am assuming they won't help doesn't really get you very far.

You won't get anywhere without putting in the work, experiment, do more tutorials, read the manual, etc...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:28 pm

[QUOTE=BluePhaze] Your graphics will need to be handled in whatever app you drew them with. You don't get a lot of options for handling anti-aliasing, etc... you can do pixel art style stuff, but outside of that, you need to make sure you are drawing each frame the way you want it before you bring it in.

Also, saying, I still don't get it and I didn't finish the tutorials that were suggested because I am assuming they won't help doesn't really get you very far.

You won't get anywhere without putting in the work, experiment, do more tutorials, read the manual, etc...[/QUOTE]

You're changing the words there. I said I'll leave it for another time to do, because I'm not using Construct 2 24/7 am I?

And I did set the anti-aliasing to x16 in Blender, so as I said... the images are ALREADY anti-aliased (sorry for the caps), but when the player is moving while you're playing the game the anti-aliasing turns off.

You can see for yourself here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cg3hryrfuxydun3

When you open the preview of the player sprite, the edges are smooth in every single frame for every animation.Murad962013-03-26 19:40:13
B

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?