How do I export a game to run offline?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Is there a way to export a game and put the files onto a flashdrive and be able to play the game on another system with the flashdrive?

• Export it as a html5 project and copy the output directory to your flash drive. Then when you are at the new computer, load up the index.html file into your favorite browser and voila!

• That won't work or at least doesn't for me. C2 has/had a clause in 108.2 that if the game is not being properly viewed from a webserver. The game will just give an warning error.

"Exported games won't work until you upload them"

I got myself a portable webserver(mowes) to handle this.

The other alternative is to put the game onto a webserver and ready it with the offline.appcache. Go to the game with your portable browser and make sure the cache is set to your flash drive and hope for the best :D

• Use Awesomium , It will give you an .exe that you can load whenever you want and wherever you want ...

• Export it as a html5 project and copy the output directory to your flash drive. Then when you are at the new computer, load up the index.html file into your favorite browser and voila!

Unfortunately, the system I wish to load it on only has an old version of IE TT.TT

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use Awesomium , It will give you an .exe that you can load whenever you want and wherever you want ...

I have no idea how this works :\

• Anyone know how to use Awesomium?

• I think you resolved this in another topic?

But it's basically just an export feature when you buy the license to export your game as an .exe.

• Yea I did.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)