How do I export via command line?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:54 am

Hi folks,

Let me explain my scenario. My team is developing some projects with Construct2 and we use GIT as our version control system. Everyday I export the lastest version from our repository to HTML5, so we can have the latest version of the projects somewhere available for the entire team, including the artists, the game designer and (most important): the boss.

Basically, my routine is:
1) Get the latest version from the repository;
2) Open the project and export with Construct2;
3) Upload to our remote server;
4) Notify the team via e-mail with the link of the latest version;

I already have a script to execute the steps 1, 3 and 4.

I don't have a clue if it is possible to do the step 2 via command line: open a project and export it. Any ideas?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 am

Thanks for your effort to answer my question, but I don't think these posts give the solution I am looking for..

I am willing for export a Construct2 project to HTML5 via command-line.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:53 am

your best bet is to write some kind of macro using software that can take control of the mouse/keyboard (Autohotkey would maybe be a good start, though im not sure to what extent it matches the flexibility you require). Construct 2 isn't geared towards intensely automated version control so there really isn't a way to "compile" (at least officially supported) via command line like you could do with some programming languages, but it shouldn't be hard to write a macro that launches Construct 2, clicks through the menus, exports and does everything you need at the execution of a single command. The only shortfall of this method would maybe be it failing to work on different screen sizes or something but if you're doing it from one machine it wouldn't be a problem.

I think you could even create a simple gui with autohotkey to tie everything together into some "compile program".
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:48 am

@QuaziGNRLnose thanks. The workaround you propose is the only solution I can see so far to automatize it. I hope @Ashley could see this post, so it could maybe become a feature some day.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:34 pm

I'm having the same issue here. A command line or ant task would be really useful.
B
S

Return to How do I....?