How do I Fall between blocks

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:34 pm

@mudmask

You genius! I love you!
Had to tweak it a bit so it doesn't activate when I jump, my only problem now is that the events activate when I walk off a ledge.
Any suggestions?
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:06 pm

@mudmask

Made it work great with ledges, made an event prior to it and set your stuff as a sub-event.

The event was basically checking that the player is overlapping with the tilemap on both sides to make sure it's a gap and not a ledge.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 pm

@nesteris - haha not yet... but you could probably use an offset collision so it happens ONLY when you run into a gap. So like, if you're going right...

if collision at offset, player.width, tile.height(or something)

I don't know if I noticed anything happen when I jumped though... I'll have to recheck that.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:11 pm

@nesteris - oh man, looks like you did what I just mentioned in my last post before I could hit submit. awesome. I'll drop that into my engine right now...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 pm

@mudmask

Hehe, well I'm not completely useless. I just have trouble coming up with solutions since I'm still fairly new to the engine, so my code is fairly basic but very easy to read. Btw I'm still up for the swap if you're interested, could add each other on facebook or skype if you want.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 11:48 am

I made a custom engine using loops, it seems to be performing great with no glitches. It may or may not be a good solution for your problem

https://www.scirra.com/forum/solved-retro-pixel-quantized-platform-engine-using-loops_t129733?start=10
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 1:42 pm

christina wrote:I made a custom engine using loops, it seems to be performing great with no glitches. It may or may not be a good solution for your problem

https://www.scirra.com/forum/solved-retro-pixel-quantized-platform-engine-using-loops_t129733?start=10

I solved it by adding in an event that checks if the player is overlapping the tilemap at two offsets (left and right) and is not on the floor, if this proves true then the player falls down.

I swear to god though, I was looking at your thread last night :D

You should make a Behaviour similar to Platformer that eliminates the slope detection.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 3:46 pm

oh cool! Would you mind sharing your solution as a .capx ? I'd really like to see it!
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 4:12 pm

No real need for a .capx

You can replace "Tilemap" with anything you use to make the gaps.
Banned User
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?