How do I Find events that are not used?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:36 pm

It does give you this
delete_object_type.png

Are you saying you want to be told of every individual line of code?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:29 am

I suppose I would love to have that as an option. It could also highlight every line that would be changed on the current sheet, before I hit the Yes button. Honestly, I'm not sure if it does. I only ran into the problem last night cleaning up an example for someone that had lots of unneeded objects. It was easy to get the line I needed back and then edit that variable out of the line of code before re-deleting the object.

It shouldn't be much extra work on my part to simply do a search on the object before deleting. I assume it would be a lot of effort to change the editor, with little added functionality.

Getting back to the original question:
It does not notify you of unused events (events whose condition never evaluates to true?)
Does it let you know when your Function is never used? That seems reasonable in a traditional language.

I should have turned to this forum long ago. Great community, lots to learn from.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 am

agreed with arrall, that would be good adition
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:18 am

I'm thinking of making a tool that would do this, and other things that people are asking for. I wonder if people would be interested. Of course an external tool is never as nice as integrated.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?