How do I find local storage?

Get help using Construct 3!

Post » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:20 pm

I can't find it anywhere on my computer, I want to make sure the game deletes if I no longer want it. Additionally how would I delete the game within construct 3?
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm

will be slightly different for each browser and the last files can change up a bit

if you are using chrome then they are in the chrome user "appdata" area

eg for example if I run my game in chrome with the construct 3 net preview

then the local storage is

C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_preview.construct.net_0.indexeddb.blob\1\00

you can ppen with text and see the json

edit - update

i was just messing around with saving and seeing what happens in that file area and there is enough weird stuff going on with different files and folders there that I'm sure that mortal men are not supposed to see or touch anything there. i would say just stick to read write to it through the game.
My in work shmup game CYBERSTORM DEVLOG - "That Terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 am

It is a bit of a frustrating system, I have 100GB left on my SSD, I think I will use cloud instead.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 am

It is a bit of a frustrating system, I have 100GB left on my SSD, I think I will use cloud instead.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 am

Sorry I thought you were talking about in game saves.

I'd assume c3 local project saves go somewhere similar. Currently I just use the download option for regular saves and backups, but I'm not using c3 full time yet still with c2 so can't really comment.
My in work shmup game CYBERSTORM DEVLOG - "That Terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Yeah no worries I am just using google drive instead, at least if I run out of space I can scale that up to suit a lot cheaper than buying a high capacity SSD lol.
B
S

Return to How do I...?