How do I fire family event for all members in instance

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:23 am

Hi All,

i have a ragdoll object and added all pieces to a "family". I added a fade behavior to the family. I setup an "on collision" event for the family which fires a start fade on the family. The problem is that the fade start does not consistently fire for all members at the same time.

Is there a better way to go about checking a collision for any of the pieces of the ragdoll and firing an event on all of them at the ~exact same time? thanks!
B

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 am

I can't help but feel that families aren't the best thing to use here. It sounds more like you want a container. Here's the manual entry for containers -- I'd highly suggest reading up and playing around with them.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:50 am

Hope this helps.

edit: also had the same thought re containers while doing this.. might be preferable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:03 am

Hey thanks to both of you. This definitely solved my problem but another problem has come up. My container is a ragdoll.. when i create an instance of the ragdoll and create the revolute joints, the limited revolute joints do not seem to work? they appear positioned incorrectly and do not rotate. the non-limited joints are positioned correctly and work correctly. Any ideas? Thanks!
B

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:33 am

Sorry, i was wrong. All joints created, regardless of type are attached to the default imagePoint in the "body" regardless of what is set?
B

Return to How do I....?