How do I fix intel xdk build error?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:16 pm

I'm getting this error when I tried to build intel xdk I don't understand.
Code: Select all
ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : Error in zipping config files: : Error in generating Build Config files: . Error at new ComponentError (C:\Users\Dev\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:21767 at _rejected (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm having the same problem. Sorry I can't help. I just wanted to commiserate.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:24 pm

I got it to work now. This is what I did:

When I exported the project from Construct 2, I unchecked "Use new Intel XDK project format".
Then I imported it as an HTML project in Intel XDK and specified the root Construct 2 project folder as the location, instead of the folder that I exported to.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:48 am

Bilderberg CEO wrote:I got it to work now. This is what I did:

When I exported the project from Construct 2, I unchecked "Use new Intel XDK project format".
Then I imported it as an HTML project in Intel XDK and specified the root Construct 2 project folder as the location, instead of the folder that I exported to.

wouldn't that make u lose cordorva plugins?
B

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:01 pm

any news on this? i'm getting the same error.... this whole xdk thing is a pain in the balls

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : Error in zipping config files: : Error in generating Build Config files: . Error at new ComponentError (C:\Users\Mauricio\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:21767 at _rejected (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)

the simulation test works alright, but as soon as i want to build or push the whole thing goes to hell
Last edited by rayolaser on Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Bilderberg CEO wrote:I got it to work now. This is what I did:

hey, you got it to work meaning... you were able to compile, build, test and find the precise results you wanted?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:42 pm

I follow @bilderburgceo advice and got it working.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Now I've gotten everything to work: Simulate, Test, Build and even debug on my phone.

I'm sorry I didn't take notes on what I did, but I think the key was to export as Cordova using the XKD format, and then import by clicking OPEN AN INTEL XKD PROJECT. The button is at the bottom of the UI, so I didn't notice it before. When I was getting the error, I think I was importing as HTML5 Code Base.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Same error for me, even when I use the exact same export import method as mentioned by Bilderberg.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:14 am

I'm getting the same error when exporting using the 'Use new Intel XDK project format' function. Even with a blank project. Has anyone managed to find a workaround for this?
Mega Game Studios is a tiny independent game studio run from our apartment in Melbourne, Australia. We're not quite sure what we do yet but we think it has something to do with apps, board games and plush toys.

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?