How do I fix intel xdk build error?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • I'm getting this error when I tried to build intel xdk I don't understand.

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : Error in zipping config files: : Error in generating Build Config files: . Error at new ComponentError (C:\Users\Dev\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:21767 at _rejected (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///C:/Users/Dev/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)[/code:348g5iwt]
  • I'm having the same problem. Sorry I can't help. I just wanted to commiserate.

• I got it to work now. This is what I did:

When I exported the project from Construct 2, I unchecked "Use new Intel XDK project format".

Then I imported it as an HTML project in Intel XDK and specified the root Construct 2 project folder as the location, instead of the folder that I exported to.

When I exported the project from Construct 2, I unchecked "Use new Intel XDK project format".

Then I imported it as an HTML project in Intel XDK and specified the root Construct 2 project folder as the location, instead of the folder that I exported to.

wouldn't that make u lose cordorva plugins?

• any news on this? i'm getting the same error.... this whole xdk thing is a pain in the balls

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : Error in zipping config files: : Error in generating Build Config files: . Error at new ComponentError (C:\Users\Mauricio\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:21767 at _rejected (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///C:/Users/Mauricio/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)

the simulation test works alright, but as soon as i want to build or push the whole thing goes to hell

hey, you got it to work meaning... you were able to compile, build, test and find the precise results you wanted?

• I follow advice and got it working.

• Now I've gotten everything to work: Simulate, Test, Build and even debug on my phone.

I'm sorry I didn't take notes on what I did, but I think the key was to export as Cordova using the XKD format, and then import by clicking OPEN AN INTEL XKD PROJECT. The button is at the bottom of the UI, so I didn't notice it before. When I was getting the error, I think I was importing as HTML5 Code Base.

• Same error for me, even when I use the exact same export import method as mentioned by Bilderberg.

• I'm getting the same error when exporting using the 'Use new Intel XDK project format' function. Even with a blank project. Has anyone managed to find a workaround for this?

• Soooo, it turns out Intel XDK has identified a bug in Intel XDK 3491 https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/607195

Best workaround for now is to download Intel XDK v.3400

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • aviata, Vegamon007, Xam, CEO, rayolaser, ghstudios -- we (Intel XDK) are trying to resolve this issue but having trouble reproducing it. Please provide a ZIP file of an ENTIRE project folder that exhibits the problem so we can reproduce the issue and fix it.

• xmnboy, thanks for the offer. Really appreciate the great service the Intel XDK crew provides. I'm happy to provide the zip file. Not sure how I can get it to you though. Could you send me an e-mail address via PM?

• Vegamon007 -- another user provided a project that allowed us to reproduce the issue. We should have it fixed in an upcoming hotfix, probably next week.

• you dont have to use the cordove export on c2

you con use to HTML web export

after exporting go to the export folder and create a new folder named :

paste all file to this folder

in intel XDK open a new HTML code base porject and upload the exported folder

it work perfect

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)