How do I fix lag in multiplayer ???

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • I creat game with host and - 1 peer

on LAN it no lag

but when i and friend play it in internet

host play able but peer veery lag

Here is my Sync object

Bytes host Bw

Wish i can fix it !

Thanks if you read

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You will need a dedicated server to host the game. I had the same problem with only 3 or 4 inputs synced, it appears they eat the bandwidth and make the game unplayable.

For turn based games it would be ok to have 1 player as the host. From what ive seen though, using this method for real-time games is not possible.

• You will need a dedicated server to host the game. I had the same problem with only 3 or 4 inputs synced, it appears they eat the bandwidth and make the game unplayable.

For turn based games it would be ok to have 1 player as the host. From what ive seen though, using this method for real-time games is not possible.

C2 multiplayer using peer to peer connect , why i need a dedicated server to host the game???

• Because having so many inputs makes the game lag, more so for the peer. Its too much bandwidth, Making the game unplayable and unfair.

Im not an expert, but ive played around with the multiplayer object enough. It seems to me that a peer to peer connection, just does not cut it for real time.

• You are syncing wayyyyyyy to many objects ....

Just imagine that each of those objects their instances tries to update their info at least 10 times a second ..... (some up to 30)

The inputs should be reduced to 1, using the getbit/setbit methods. (you can set 8 1's or 0's in a single synced var, see it as 8 booleans)

The player objects should just 1 for its position and the rest of the items should be created based on who has connected.

All other info should be transmitted via messages. (1 time action instead of continuously updating)

• Thanks , now i know how to fix , thanks all ^^!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)