How do I fix level selector (easy, im new)

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:57 am

Message: roundrobin is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Having trouble making a level selector with frame switching through global variables. It seems like simple logic and it looks right but I must be missing something small or construct specific. Specifically look at the event page lvl_scltLev and the layout lvl_slct_ly (those are the level selector contents).

I have attached a single-file export of my project for you to examine. Please resopnd ASAP because I;'m submitting to a competition (not specific for construct in just a couple hours)!?!? Thanks so much in advance :)

PS: I actually couldn't attach. it said it was over 2mb (it's 4, contains more pages), so here's a link to the file download from some random hosting :)
B

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:01 pm

filedropper...com/showdownload.php/temp_9 (Remove the extra dots between the "r" and "c". It wouldn't let me post this file or upload my file and this is pretty urgent)
B

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:56 pm

I think your main problem is that you haven't set the 'lvl_slct_ly' layout to use the 'lvl_slct_ev' event sheet.

(And then it would be better to use an array instead of havning a global variable for each level. And use multiple instances of one lock sprite instead of duplicating the same sprite many times.)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:00 pm

How do you set the layout to use event sheet?
B

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Select the layout in the projects window and then select the event sheet under 'Layout properties'.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Do you mean making changing level or rooms? if yes then read this
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/532/ho ... creen-game
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions